Kindergarten Registration for 2020-2021
Your child must be 5 years old on or
before August 1, 2020
- ONLINE REGISTRATION:
- Step 1: Pre-register your child - PRE-REGISTRATION FORM
- Step 2: Send all the required documents either by email or regular US mail. See "Documents to register" below.
- Step 3: Watch for an email from FinalForms, our online registration platform, with a link to create an account. Fill out all registration information.
- Step 4: Once steps 1-3 are completed, you will receive an appointment to bring your child in for screening in August:
- Ridgeview screenings: Monday & Tuesday, August 10 & 11, 2020
- Kingsville screenings: Wednesday & Thursday, August 12 & 13, 2020
Documents needed to register
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Child's Immunization Record (Baby Shots)
- Proof of Residency - One needed - current utility bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Divorce or dissolution documents (Ohio law requires a copy of the entire document filed with the court designating the resident parent/guardian or legal custodian for school purposes. Documents must be date-stamped and signed by the judge or magistrate)
- Custody or guardianship documents filed with the Juvenile Court
Please email all documents to:
Send by regular mail:
Buckeye Board Office - REGISTRATION
3436 Edgewood Drive
Ashtabula, OH 44004-5993
Phone: (440) 998-4411
Do you need help locating documents?
Birth Certificates for children born
in Ohio may be purchased at the Ashtabula City Health Department, 4717 Main
Avenue, Ashtabula, OH 44004, (440) 992-7123.
Immunization Records - Your child's
doctor, clinic, or previous school may have copies of Immunization
Court Documents - All finalized
documents must be presented at the time of registration. These papers can be
obtained from the court in which they were filed.
I’m not the legal guardian.
How can I enroll a child?
Sometimes there are extenuating
circumstances where a child is living with someone who is not the legal
guardian. Here are some examples:
- If the Department of Children and Family Services has custody, the social worker or foster parent should have journal entries or emergency custody papers that verify the custody arrangements.
- If children are living with grandparents, the
grandparents can show proof of guardianship with a Grandparent Power of
Attorney or Grandparent Affidavit. When properly completed,
notarized, and filed with the juvenile court within 5 days of signing,
these documents are acceptable forms of custody and allow the child to be enrolled by the grandparent. For more information on Kinship Support
and to download forms, visit the Public Children Services Association of
Ohio’s Kinship Support (www.kinshipohio.org).
- If a parent/legal guardian is hospitalized,
incarcerated, or in rehabilitation, the Department of Children and Family
Services may be able to help (440-998-1811).
If you do not live within the
Buckeye Local School District boundaries and would like to apply for open
enrollment, click here for an application.
We look forward to serving you and
your children for many years to come in the Buckeye Local School District!