skip to main content

Buckeye Local School District

Buckeye Local School District
placeholder for top bar


KG Reg_rectangle kids

Kindergarten Registration for 2024-2025

Your child must be 5 years old on or before August 1, 2024
    • Step 1: Pre-register your child - PRE-REGISTRATION FORM 
    • Step 2: Send all the required documents either by email or regular US mail. See "Documents to register" below.
    • Step 3: Watch for an email from FinalForms, our online registration platform, with a link to create an account. Fill out all registration information.  
Documents needed to register
  • Child's Birth Certificate
  • Child's Immunization Record (Baby Shots)
  • Proof of Residency - One needed - current utility bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement
  • Parent/Guardian Photo ID
    If applicable:
  • Divorce or dissolution documents (Ohio law requires a copy of the entire document filed with the court designating the resident parent/guardian or legal custodian for school purposes. Documents must be date-stamped and signed by the judge or magistrate)
  • Custody or guardianship documents filed with the Juvenile Court
Please email all documents to:
Send by regular mail: 
Buckeye Board Office - REGISTRATION
3436 Edgewood Drive
Ashtabula, OH 44004-5993
Phone: (440) 998-4411
Do you need help locating documents?
Birth Certificates for children born in Ohio may be purchased at the Ashtabula City Health Department, 4717 Main Avenue, Ashtabula, OH 44004, (440) 992-7123.
Immunization Records - Your child's doctor, clinic, or previous school may have copies of Immunization Records. 
Court Documents - All finalized documents must be presented at the time of registration. These papers can be obtained from the court in which they were filed.
I’m not the legal guardian.  How can I enroll a child?
Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances where a child is living with someone who is not the legal guardian. Here are some examples:
  • If the Department of Children and Family Services has custody, the social worker or foster parent should have journal entries or emergency custody papers that verify the custody arrangements.
  • If children are living with grandparents, the grandparents can show proof of guardianship with a Grandparent Power of Attorney or Grandparent Affidavit.  When properly completed, notarized, and filed with the juvenile court within 5 days of signing, these documents are acceptable forms of custody and allow the child to be enrolled by the grandparent.  For more information on Kinship Support and to download forms, visit the Public Children Services Association of Ohio’s Kinship Support (
  • If a parent/legal guardian is hospitalized, incarcerated, or in rehabilitation, the Department of Children and Family Services may be able to help (440-998-1811).
If you do not live within the Buckeye Local School District boundaries and would like to apply for open enrollment, click here for an application.

We look forward to serving you and your children for many years to come in the Buckeye Local School District!